Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Computer Information Systems
This online course helps you to understand the capabilities of different types of information systems, along with the roles that these systems play in organisations.
When you study this course, you will learn skills and concepts relevant to the development and design of an information system. You will also learn about professional issues that might be relevant to the information system and its role in an organisation.
Other aspects that you will cover include applying appropriate management systems when implementing information systems, exploring the different areas of work in which information systems operate, and becoming familiar with the different responsibilities and accountabilities involved when it comes to dealing with online security.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You would like to further your career in the IT industry, with a focus on information systems.
- You have just completed school, and you are considering a career in the telecommunications, IT, or electronic industries, or in any other industries where information systems are a key component of daily tasks.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme, endorsed by the Independent Institute of Education (IIE).
8 -12 months
- You must be able to read and complete assignments in English.
- You must have access to the internet.
- The capabilities of different types of Information Systems
- The roles of Information Systems in organisations
- The development concepts relevant to Information Systems
- The professional issues relevant to Information Systems
- Students are required to complete 2 assignments.
- There are no exams for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Computer Information Systems from Oxbridge Academy.
The Independent Institute of Education (IIE) is South Africa’s largest registered and accredited private provider of higher education. They are registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and is a subsidiary of ADvTECH, a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.