Huawei Certified ICT Associate – Storage
Storage, in a narrow sense, refers to a specific device, such as a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or hard disk. For enterprises, tapes may also be used. In a broad sense, a storage device refers to a storage device used in a data center, which includes a storage hardware system, a software system, a storage network, and a storage solution.
Servers can access data in the storage hardware system only through the storage network. The storage software system manages the data in the storage system and combines multiple types of storage hardware and software to form a solution to meet high data management requirements of services, such as the data consolidation solution and disaster recovery and backup solution.
This course will introduce how storage supports the development and application of new IT frontier technologies (such as AI, big data, cloud computing).
This is an online course that leads to Huawei Certification at Associate level (HCIA).
- Have access to a computer and the internet.
- Be familiar with PC operations.
- Have a basic understanding of IT technologies and network knowledge.
Theory Teaching Component
- Cutting-Edge Storage Technologies and Development Trends
- Storage application technologies for AI, big data, and cloud computing
- ICT architecture
- Storage System Structure
- Introduction to Common Storage Protocols
- Storage Networking Technology
- Storage Reliability Technologies
- Advanced Storage Technologies
- Service Continuity Solution Overview
- Backup Solution Technologies and Applications
- Technologies and Applications of the Disaster Recovery Solution
- Data Center Overview
- Data Center Storage System Management
- Routine O&M of data center storage
Experiment Teaching Component
- Initial Installation and Configuration of the Storage System
- Storage Resource Pool Configuration
- Basic SAN Service Configuration and Usage
- Expanding the LUN Capacity and Using SmartThin to Create a Thin LUN
- Configuring and Using HyperSnap (LUN)
- Configuring and Using SmartTier
- SmartQoS Configuration and Usage
- Configuring and Using SmartPartition
- NAS Basic Service Configuration and Usage
- SmartQuota Configuration and Usage
- Configuring and Using HyperSnap (FS)
- Routine maintenance of storage systems
- 1 online examination
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an internationally recognised Huawei Certified ICT Associate Storage certificate that will be valid for three years. In addition, Huawei will recommend students to their partners and customers, giving students access to more job placement opportunities.